Sunday, June 26, 2022

 

Author Interview with 

Isra Sravenheart 

Author of The Dark Spell Series


Please tell me a little about your current work in progress.

I am currently working on a spin off to my up and coming Dark Spell series that will be completed in Feb/ March 2022. I won’t be revealing too much just yet but it does feature some of our main characters and some of the more unknown ones that have played a part in the prequels respectively when we do a time jump to when Isra was aged 17 onwards.

Where did you get the idea for this book or series?

I didn’t specifically get it from any particular place or outlet but at the time I was in a bit of rut with my own life having been ghosted by a former partner and having already been interested in fairytales that type of genre for many years, I just started typing one September evening and that was the beginning fragments of what is now “Her Dark Soul”



Do you write in more than one genre?

Yes but mainly dark fantasy. However my first PNR “Forbidden Rendezvous with the Devil “ comes out in May 2022


Tell me about something that you believe makes your writing unique or worthy of attention.

I’ve written a very prolific series with characters that readers love and are invested in where it’s been taken to all kinds of extremes. Themes include: Dark versus light, the darkness within oneself, own personal demons, forbidden love, tragic loss, heartbreak and has still remained popular.


Is there anything about your personal history or personality that manifests strongly in your writing?

Probably my own self-reliance. 

What else would be helpful for readers to know about you?

I like coffee and cats. A lot. I also have a sense of humor. I don’t talk book land shop all day either. I am very partial to a good fantasy film or even a binge-worthy series on Netflix. 


Excluding your own work, what underrated author or book would you recommend that more people read? Why?

My publicist Michael Evan is extremely prolific and churns out a lot of great work. He does more writing than me and is very disciplined while still producing quality. 

Which of your books do you most highly recommend? Why?

Kissing Darkness. Dark Spell #5, it’s the climatic novel out of the prequels and I would say the most deep one in terms of our four main characters, Isra, Astrid, Everilda and Samuel.


Which break, event, decision, or fortuitous circumstance has helped you or your writing career the most?

The best decision I made that has benefited my writing was self publishing via a vanity publisher the first time around because I learned so much about the industry that I may not have done without doing that. 


What question do you wish you would get asked more often?

Why aren’t there enough cats in the world? Cats are cool.

Do you have a catchphrase or quote that you like? What is it? And why do you choose it?

It is what it is. Simple but punchy. Let things go, move on. Don’t allow yourself to be dragged down by negativity. Sometimes we have things happen that aren’t so great but we can choose not to be dragged down by those circumstances to a point whereby we may not be happy at all and constantly stewing in that mindset. And another I like, if it’s meant to be it will be. Don’t sweat it.



_____________________________


Thanks to Isra for participating.


Before I go any further, here's where you can get a free copy of In Death Bedrenched, the prequel to the Tomahawks and Dragon Fire series -- On StoryOrigin.


Or, if you prefer--On BookCave.


This wasn't a week for an author interview. That was supposed to be next week, but I forgot--and I wasn't prepared to churn out a witty or thought-provoking piece.


With In Death Bedrenched launched--and one of my advance readers has already posted a review on Amazon--I've been free to resume writing book 5 of the series. It's a pleasure to get back to my friends in the series. Charles and Antonio are in adventures on land and sea; Alex and Lucette face serious difficulties and intrigue on multiple fronts; Atu and Iago have sought out former acquaintances which bring them new complications; and the dragon hunters must grapple with the corrupting influence of unbridled power in their midst.




No comments:

Post a Comment