Sunday, October 23, 2022

 

Author Interview with 

Eva Creel

Author of The Immortal


Please tell me a little about your current work in progress. Currently, I’ve been writing potato chip-sized episodes on Kindle Vella.

 

Where did you get the idea for this book or series? The Immortal was inspired by a nightmare. I kept thinking about it and, after a couple of weeks, decided to write down a paragraph to get it out of my head. The paragraph turned into 46,000 words in six weeks.

 

Do you write in more than one genre? My story could fit in many genres. It’s like a crockpot. Throw everything in, and the result is delicious.

 

Tell me about something that you believe makes your writing unique or worthy of attention. Satisfying is the word I hear over and over again from my readers. And many say it should be a movie. It’s not life-changing, but The Immortal is hella entertaining.

 

Is there anything about your personal history or personality that manifests strongly in your writing? Dark sarcasm and wit over brawn.


What else would be helpful for readers to know about you? I’m dyslexic and never wanted to be a writer. I limited myself by believing I wasn’t equipped to write. Out of curiosity, I googled famous dyslexic authors, and it turns out Agatha Christy also had dyslexia. 

 

Excluding your own work, what underrated author or book would you recommend that more people read? Why? Some fantastic authors are popping up on Kindle Vella. I recommend following along with the adventures of Betsy, an 85-year-old vampire in Dark Family Secrets by Hoyt Hallford

 

Which of your books do you most highly recommend? Why? The Immortal. It’s the only one I have.

 

Which break, event, decision, or fortuitous circumstance has helped you or your writing career the most? My publicist found me in a junkyard of authors online in one of those promo social media groups. Introducing me to a community is vital in wanting to continue the journey. Kindle Vella bonuses are very encouraging as well.

 

What question do you wish you would get asked more often? Can I buy a signed copy?


Do you have a catch-phrase or quote that you like? What is it? And why do you choose it? You can’t always get what you want, but you get what you need. Ya yaaaaa. I sing that to my kids almost every day. 

_________________________________

Thanks to Eva for playing.

I need a cover for Truth in Flames. I suppose I'll go with the flame motif. I'm writing the last chapter this week. One of my beta readers who has not been shy about heaping praise on each book in the series commented that this was the best one yet. We'll have to see if she still feels the same after reading the final three chapters. A lot happens in these final chapters. I really liked books 3 and 4 in the series (in truth I've liked them all, but 3 and 4 were especially fun), so I'm pleased that someone thinks book 5 is even better.



No comments:

Post a Comment