Sunday, January 30, 2022

 

Author Interview with

Samantha Evans

Author of: Dragon Master and The Land of Four Series

Please tell me a little about your current work in progress.

My newest book which will be released on May 3rd:

Arabella is a girl of high standing, and her father wants her to marry someone she barely knows. But she wants to be someone more than just a member of the court. With the help of some new friends and her curiosity, will she get her to wish to become what she wants, or will there be barriers along the way.


Where did you get the idea for this book or series?

Just a new idea came to my mind. It is going to be a two-book series. 


Do you write in more than one genre?

Just fantasy fiction. 


Tell me about something that you believe makes your writing unique or worthy of attention.

I love writing in the first person. 



Is there anything about your personal history or personality that manifests strongly in your writing?

I am a loving fan of fantasy fiction. Reading books have been a hobby of mine. 


What else would be helpful for readers to know about you?

Being a mom of three reading, and writing has become a common thing I do at home every day. 


Excluding your own work, what underrated author or book would you recommend that more people read? Why?

My dear Friend Vicky Peplow writes fictional historical thrillers. Here is a blurb about her most recent book:After Billy loses his life in a mining accident, he becomes the carrier of the Old Coal Miner's Lamp, helping to guide other lost souls on their way to the Light.

Mike begins having strange flashes of the past and seeks out the help to make sense of what he is going through.

Danielle answers the call to assist Mike with his visions, but when she too begins to have some strange sensations, will she continue to search for the truth or steer clear of the unknown?

Connections will be revealed and a darkness will rear its head along the way.

Will Billy, Mike, and Danielle be able to work together to overcome the obstacles and defeat the darkness?


Which of your books do you most highly recommend? Why?

Ella is everyone’s favorite. Due to how it is about a dragon who helps someone and they develop a deep friendship. 


Which break, event, decision, or fortuitous circumstance has helped you or your writing career the most?

After writing, and publishing Ella I realized that I can continue on with writing and not be afraid. 


Do you have a catch-phrase or quote that you like? What is it? And why do you choose it? 

“ Never give up on your dreams.” My grandma says that to me. Always stuck to me, and when I write I think about this all the time. 

______________________

Thanks to Samantha for participating. Her book covers are stunning.

For those of you who may recall that I sometimes refer to the home here as Le Chateau du Chat Gris, I give you evidence of the reason for the nomenclature.


Although my wife and daughter have another name for the cat, to me she is Lynx. I'll include another picture and more information about her in my February newsletter, which you can get here to keep up to date on my books and special deals. Last year I made some of my books free and put the rest at only 99 cents for a couple days -- only my newsletter subscribers got notice of that limited time deal. I'll also give a short book review in the February newsletter.

In my writing this week, I sent off a short story. I'm rereading Threading the Rude Eye, book one in the Tomahawks and Dragon Fire series. I have to admit that once I get a few chapters in, the story really captures me. Some of the characters don't have the depth and richness that they will eventually acquire, but the mystery and incompleteness of exactly what they plan to do and how they plan to do it intrigues me. The reread is a good way to get back into the story as I write book 5 in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment