Sunday, September 1, 2019




Some days the writing flows smoothly like yarn passing through deft knitting needles; other days the experience is more akin to stapling down strips of cloth; and at other times it's like throwing globs of cooked spaghetti noodles at a sheet of paper stapled to a cat chasing a ball of rolling yarn. Each of those days are worthwhile, but some are more productive than others.

As you can see from this link here, my newest book is live at the big river site. And the first book in the series is FREE.

Here's the link to the FREE BOOK. -- for only 4 more days.

Here's the link to the SUPER LOW-PRICED SEQUEL -- only $0.99.

I really like this book. I enjoyed writing the sequel even more than writing the first book in the series. The final five chapters are worth the rest of the book (which is pretty exciting anyway). I would rather read this book than use baby chicks in place golf balls on the driving range. If that's not compassion for animals and a fine show of humanitarianism, I don't know what is. I like the cover even better than the cover of the first book--probably because the flames look a little bit like a dragon, which is entirely apropos.


As with the first book, Threading the Rude Eye, the title to Power to Hurt comes from something Shakespeare wrote. The reference is in the Author's Foreword. The first book shows today ranked at #15 in the alternate history category. Magic, Flintlocks, Dragons -- What's not to like?

***

Speaking of things that I may or may not like, there's this:


These have creamy peanut butter centers with the sweet succulent deliciousness of diced unicorn heart. As for the granola coating, it gets a firm "meh" from me as I like the rolled oats but something else in he mix gives it the texture and taste of gravel shards in syrup. Maybe I can make my own using just peanut butter and oats.

Instead of contemplating the taste of unicorn hearts and feeling disgusted that anyone would consider putting baby chicks to such an ill use, go read the sample pages from the two books above. You'll kick yourself if you miss this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment