Sunday, September 15, 2019



A gentleman this week did me a favor. Actually, I don't mean that he's only a gentleman this week; he's probably always a gentleman. It was this week that he did me the favor. I encountered him upon another site which I frequent and suggested that he read my slightly silly noir detective novel, Smoke. I made the ebook available for free on special for two days so he could get his copy. The gentleman purchased the paperback instead; he sent me some thoughts and noted a number of minor typographical errors that could use correction. (It seems that I left out several question marks and a couple words--I will correct those errors and republish both the ebook and the paperback before the end of the month). I wasn't able to rescind the special free book deal. I did no advertising of the sale and gave away over 500 books in that 2 day period. That's a new record for me. Now if only those good people who were interested enough to get the book for free will read it and post a nice review--and buy my other books.

Speaking of my other books...I did get Power to Hurt up in paperback this week. Here's the link:

GET THIS BOOK AND THE PREQUEL FOR ONLY $0.99 EACH

It does have one review from someone who has also read the first book. The review summary: They like it. The embellished version: They will live a tormented half-life until they can get their new fantasy fix with the next book in the series. Of course, I'm reading between the lines a little.

I'm considering an audio book of the first book in the series. I need to look into the matter further before I can make a decision. Who would get the audio book?

***
On a completely different note, instead of mocking something I found on the internet this week, let me present something I found back in 2016 when I was looking for motorcycle gloves. Don't ask me why a motorcycle needs gloves. I don't think I got the pair described in this screenshot:


I hoped the quantity referred to 1 pair as opposed to a single glove. Although I was impressed by the "taking into account aesthetics and security" language, I was concerned that the "attached hand is not easy sliding." I wasn't sure whose hand was attached. If it wasn't easy sliding, it could obstruct my grip and I'm not sure that the "hand-dimension drop resistance protective hard shell" would be that useful in the resulting crash. Too many not easy sliding hands on the throttle are a recipe for road burn in my opinion. 

The rest of the description left me  confused. However, the poetry at the end very nearly pushed me to make the purchase: "Fingers type version with a rare song refers to the design, so that gloves fit perfectly with his hands more, feel manipulated hundred percent."

Who doesn't like to feel manipulated hundred percent? If only I knew what the rare song was, I might have been a buyer. "Flirting with Disaster" would concern me. "Easy Rider" or "Born to Be Wild" would interest me. The fact that the song was rare led me to believe it would be something that I had't heard before. Such a tune could refer to riding clouds or eating asphalt. I couldn't take the chance on the latter--or the gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment