Sunday, July 11, 2021

 Interview with Madilynn Dale

Author of The Fae Shifters Series


Please tell me a little about your current work in progress.

I am currently working on a new series that will feature a strong female main character. She has a spunky personality and discovers that she isn’t a normal wolf shifter, but a hell hound shifter.

Where did you get the idea for this book or series?

The idea for this book series came from a dream I had one night, and I have mixed in a bit of flare to enrich the story.

Do you write in more than one genre?

Yes, my books could fit into three or four different genres including fantasy, romance, paranormal, and adventure.


Tell me about something that you believe makes your writing unique or worthy of attention.

My books feature strong female characters or women who use their voice. I feel like they empower others who are scared to step up and share their thoughts or stand up for themselves. I also include strong ties to family and friends who are as close as family to show that there is always someone in your corner.

Is there anything about your personal history or personality that manifests strongly in your writing?

Yes, I feel like my personality leaks over into the main characters a bit. She makes friends easy and fights for those she loves.


What else would be helpful for readers to know about you?

I am an avid reader myself and love to talk books. I read a wide variety of books. I’m also a horse lover, outdoorsy, and a mom. I have rescue pets and I’m working on a small container garden.

Excluding your own work, what underrated author or book would you recommend that more people read? Why?

Anything by Ivy Asher. Her work is amazing. C. L. Schneider has some amazing stories as well, specifically her Nite Fire series.


Which of your books do you most highly recommend? Why?

Releasing Her Power Within, Fae Shifters 1, because you meet Liz who is a strong, dedicated woman who seeks a change in pace only to be thrown into a world of magic. She discovers family she never knew existed while trying to keep all she holds dear safe. She turns into a near indestructible being in the end.

Which break, event, decision, or fortuitous circumstance has helped you or your writing career the most?

Last summer I decided to cut ties with things that were holding me back from furthering my dream. It wasn’t an easy decision, but it was the best thing I have done for my writing career. Things seemed to really take off after that and are continuing to push me forward. There was a lot of emotional turmoil during the transition period, but I stuck with my decision.


What question do you wish you would get asked more often?

Why do I write, is one that isn’t asked a lot. I write to express myself, share my personal thoughts, create a world of my own for others to enjoy as well as myself, and to create a lasting impression on readers who enjoy my work. I have always enjoyed losing myself in a good world with fun and creative storylines and now I get to create that for others.

Do you have a catch-phrase or quote that you like? What is it? And why do you choose it?

It is what it is, is something I find myself saying a lot. Things aren’t always in our control and there is nothing we can do about it other than have faith that the outcome will be beneficial or teach us a lesson.


________________________________________________

Thanks to Madilynn for participating in the interview. I thought it a coincidence that she mentioned hell hounds because I've just been writing about something I call demon dogs in the dystopian thriller I'm doing. My demon dogs are similar in many ways to hell hounds, except there's nothing supernatural about demon dogs. I had an interesting breakthrough on that novel this week. I was having some issues about how to put somethings together to make the plot more complex. After a bit of reflection (but no mirror was involved) I consulted with William, an expert on the subject who never rebuffs my entreaties. He mutely directed me to several of his works, and I came away with the plot complications I need to take the story to a higher level. 

In other news, I've uploaded seven episodes to my Vella story, Saving Tirese. I understand Amazon will be opening the Vella store to readers this week. If you like fantasy adventure, give Saving Tirese a go. The first three episodes are free.

Finally, the battle of Leipzig continues. I've only completed three turns (because writing and almost everything else gets priority over wargaming). The Allies lost another battery when they had command troubles which allowed the French to unload on them with scattered artillery fire. The French also turned back another attack on Crostewitz by Klux's 9th brigade. The numerous Allied artillery was able to inflict some damage on the French guns and infantry, but the Allies proved entirely unable to mount attacks on Liebertwolkwitz and the center. 

I've got some ideas on Tolkien's use of Rohan and Gondor and some potential meaning or symbolism there, but I think I'll save those for the newsletter -- you can sign up for it here.



No comments:

Post a Comment