Sunday, March 17, 2024

Alexander R Davis

 Interview with Alexander R Davis

Author of

Omeron: The Hero’s Chronicle, and more


Please tell me a little about your current work in progress.

                I’m working on a series. It’s about what is means to be a hero, not just having a bigger stick than the next guy or some hidden talent, but who someone must be as a person to become a hero. The only problem is that an objectively terrible human being is chosen for the task. It’s a fantasy adventure that will have some romance as the series goes on.

 

Where did you get the idea for this book or series?

                It started to form when the big superhero kick started with marvel. I love heroes and it made me wonder if there is more to heroes than their powers. So, I decided to write a fantasy novel about that very thing.

 

Do you write in more than one genre?

                I definitely do. Self help, inspirational, and fantasy. Fantasy will always hold a special place in my heart though, since it is what finally got me to start reading.

 

Tell me about something that you believe makes your writing unique or worthy of

attention.

                I like to mix genres that aren’t often mixed. Like in my most recent series. It is dubbed as a fantasy, but because of some of the things that happen in the story, there is self help weaved into the book as well.

 


Is there anything about your personal history or personality that manifests strongly in

your writing?

Personality wise I would say yes. Even when I write fantasy books, I can’t help but sprinkle in and sometimes douse with a fire hose, some self-help. Being entertained is great! But I really care about growing as a person, so if the two can be combined that’s what I like to do.

 


What else would be helpful for readers to know about you?

                I love encouraging people. If I get the chance to lift someone up, that just makes my day and I wish others would do the same. If everyone did that, just imagine what the world would be like.

 

Excluding your own work, what underrated author or book would you recommend that

more people read? Why?

                This is a super lame answer, but I honestly only really read books that are recommended to me. So, I don’t get my eyes on many underrated books.

 

Which of your books do you most highly recommend? Why?

                That is a hard question haha. I want to recommend my recent book “Omeron: The Hero’s Chronicle”, because I am always excited about my most recent book, but I may have to recommend another. I have one on amazon that is quite often trending at #1 in its genre, so I would probably have to recommend that one. “A Counselor, an Old Man and a Park Bench.”

 

Which break, event, decision, or fortuitous circumstance has helped you or your writing

career the most?

                I would say it was when a relative of mine offered to be my literary agent for my first book. At that point I wasn’t even thinking too much about publishing it.

The funny thing about it all is that he didn’t really do anything. Pretty soon he just stopped working with me, because he had never done that job before, and it entailed more than I believe he was expecting. But regardless, just the offer itself made things seem more real to me and gave me a lot of motivation to actually move forward with my writing.

 

What question do you wish you would get asked more often?

What do you really care about?/What are your dreams?

 


Do you have a catch-phrase or quote that you like? What is it? And why do you choose

it?

                Have fun. It’s something I almost always say to people in place of goodbyes. It’s not because I think life is all sunshine and daisies, because it’s not. I do believe that life was meant to be enjoyed though. life is supposed to be fun. We were meant to have joy in the journey, even if we do get some flat tires along the way.

 

____________________

 

Chapter 10 of the bug dystopia is complete. My newsletter subscribers got a little taste of it last week. Expected and unexpected diversions have eaten much of my writing time, so I'm not progressing as fast as I should on this book. I had planned to finish it by the end of the month, but I can see that's not going to happen. On the bright side, the weather was good enough that I was able to spray a bunch of noxious weeks that are attempting to take over the grounds of the estate. 



No comments:

Post a Comment