Sunday, May 21, 2023

Isn't that a great idea?!

 

 Saturday lifted its savage muzzle to chase peaceful night from the sky. I confronted the day without fear. Fate drove me. On this day I hearkened to the call--the plea for aid against the hundreds of thousands of green beasts engaged in sieges of the family manors. 

The day brought heat--that sharpest of darts--and hurled it in increasingly intense volleys as the it extended the battle from morning into late afternoon. I eventually prevailed because my heart was pure and I had the strength of ten. Also, I wore a hat for most of the day until the last half hour when I switched to a miracle cooling cloth that I soaked in cold water and tied around my head.

_______________

The play is done. After a month or three of rehearsals and seven performances over two weeks, I have a hunk of my life back. As always, it was a ton of fun. The entire cast was able to repeat one of my lines: "Yeah, that's a great idea! Isn't that a great idea? Can I see a show of hands of everyone who thinks that's one great idea?!"

That news means that I should get more time to write. The book I had planned to make available in June will be a month or three late. It carries on with the tale of the revolutionary war with the addition of magic and dragons. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I can assure you that it's very tastefully done, capturing both the patriotic fervor of the founding conflict with military action and lessons in liberty as well as the adventure and drama of the fantastical elements with the carnage and flame that is the price of inviting monsters of the fire-spewing sort to the party. But wait; there's more: The formidable stone cats, gryphons, dragonlings, and other beasties of this magical American wilderness raise the risks for the adventurers in ways that entertain and threaten to traumatize. However, I remain unaware of any reader requiring hospitalization, counseling, or intense therapy--well, not very intense. On the other hand, I am aware of readers who suffer from severe investiture into the trauma, the drama, and the dream that is the Tomahawks and Dragon Fire Series. They can't get enough of Alex, Lucette, Iago, Atu, and the dragon hunters along with Charles Rip and Antonio. The latter has become a special favorite of several readers--and I must admit that he is delight to write.

If you doubt me, read Truth in Flames--you won't be able to resist reading the entire series. If you would like to start at the beginning, check out Threading the Rude Eye, or even begin with the prequel novella, In Death Bedrenched, which you can get for free--That's a great idea! Isn't that a great idea?!



 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment