Sunday, December 18, 2022

 

Interview with Kimberly Wilkerson

Author of

Kingdom of Grace


Please tell me a little about your current work in progress.

I sporadically post to my blog between juggling a busy lifestyle. The second book/follow up to Kingdom of Grace is coming out by the end of 2022, where you will learn how the 2nd Kingdom is doing and follow up on Grace’s new prospects.

Where did you get the idea for this book or series?

It happened while I was rediscovering my spiritual nature

Do you write in more than one genre?

Yes, however I have only published one book under Children’s/YA


Tell me about something that you believe makes your writing unique or worthy of attention.

I’m not afraid to present things to children or young adults that they see anyway, so we can have open and age appropriate conversations about them.

Is there anything about your personal history or personality that manifests strongly in your writing?

I write on what I have experienced, seen, and/or avoided based on those things. My soul is in all my writing.


What else would be helpful for readers to know about you?

Regardless of how little I have made writing, I donate a percentage of royalties back into the community programs.

Excluding your own work, what underrated author or book would you recommend that more people read? Why?

I have to give that some thought. I don’t buy or read books based on them being best sellers or on celebrity lists, so I don’t know whether or not my favorites are considered “underrated”. I just like what I like.

Which of your books do you most highly recommend? Why?

I recommend Kingdom of Grace so that you can get excited for the next book that will be out shortly.


Which break, event, decision, or fortuitous circumstance has helped you or your writing career the most?

The decision to stop all pain medications and attempt to come off of disability after multiple surgeries that limited me for many years was the best thing that could have happened to push me into my writing. It was my first step back into society and working towards goals that I continue to create and achieve.

What question do you wish you would get asked more often?

What comes next? I think I have asked it quite a bit BUT I don’t know that I would always like the answer (especially if there isn’t one) so I’m happy with how things have gone so far.

Do you have a catch-phrase or quote that you like? What is it? And why do you choose it?

I do have a catch-phrase however, I am trying not to use it because it contains a curse word and that does not help my “children’s author” image (not to mention my own reflection that I want to see) but I am human and therefore flawed. LOL

____________________________

Thanks to Kimberly for participating.

I spent Saturday getting the paperback for Truth in Flames uploaded. Click on the picture to check it out.


Truth in Flames is the 5th book in the Tomahawks and Dragon Fire series. The novels provide a resounding response writ large in blood and fire to the question of how magic and dragons might have influenced the America War for Independence. This flintlock fantasy series blends the exciting history of the revolution with the exhilarating action and adventure of fantasy, which includes dragons, mythical beasts, and the power of mysterious magic. The memorable characters and their individual and collective struggles in the fight for liberty form the core of the narrative around a theme of persistent hope in the face of ruthless power. 

Tomahawks and Dragon Fire is the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup of action-adventure fiction: "You've got your chocolate in my peanut butter. No. You've got your peanut butter in my chocolate." There's a reason the delicious treat is tied for the number one favorite candy in both the U.S. and Canada. Two great tastes that go together. It's the same with the series.

There are many reasons you'll love Tomahawks and Dragon Fire--and it doesn't cause cavities.


No comments:

Post a Comment