Sunday, November 27, 2022

 

Having finished Truth in Flames, book 5 in the Tomahawks and Dragon Fire Series, I'm doing research for book 6 in the series. This book:

Victory or Death: The Battles of Trenton and Princeton by Mark Maloy


came along at exactly the right time. In fact, I had planned to work on a stand alone novel before moving on to book 6. However, the exciting story of the battles of Trenton and Princeton, along with the other key events I have planned for book 6, have got me itching to do the next book in the series before I do the unrelated stand alone.

Maloy's book is an excellent telling of the circumstances and events. I highly recommend it. The book also includes a tour of the modern sites, which wasn't very useful for me. The rest of the information was presented in a mean and lean fashion that kept me reading and highlighting. I'm sure that there are more complete accounts with greater detail, but Maloy's book perfectly suited my purposes.

As for Truth in Flames -- look for it in December. I must say that it is fabulous. I loved the ending, and so did the skirmish team. I've made the edits recommended by my skirmishers. I will make another deep dive into it to check for lingering typos, repetitive word use, and continuity issues. A cover is the next order of business. Someone I know is working on one, but if they are delayed, I may take matters into my own hands again.

I'm also working on a short story which is set in the Tomahawks and Dragon Fire universe.

_________________

In other news, I finished Heinlein's Time for the Stars, and Leiber's Swords Against Deviltry. I gave my opinions of those in my newsletter. You can sign up for the newsletter here.

The first book in the Tomahawks and Dragon Fire Series, Threading the Rude Eye, is only 99 cents. Get started on the series here.

No comments:

Post a Comment