Sunday, February 13, 2022

 

Interview with Raymond Klein 

Author of Interstellar Police Force


Please tell me a little about your current work in progress.

The Interstellar Police Force, Book One: The Historic Mission, is my first novel and can be found on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YXTFBGT/

This Science Fiction-Action-Comedy, set on present day Earth, begins in a far-off galaxy. Prodor Moffit and four other prisoners have escaped to Earth and it's up to two IPF Agents to find them. But, right off, they are met with problems.

The first is that they have limited information on the human race that only goes up to the late 1950's. The second is that the Agents are alien in appearance, so to complete their covert mission they must replicate themselves into humans. The commander's replication succeeds, but due to a computer glitch his partner is replicated into a Doberman Pincher. 

With mid-twentieth century information in hand, the agents successfully land. And with the help of a young Earth girl who unwittingly discovers their true identities, the mission to re-capture Prodor Moffit and the other prisoners is on.

Where did you get the idea for this book or series?

The idea actually came to me in a song that was playing on the radio as I was driving home one day.

 

Do you write in more than one genre?

Right now it's science fiction.

 

Tell me about something that you believe makes your writing unique or worthy of attention.

I think it's the humorous parts in the book that makes it standout. If you like Douglas Adams and the short lived TV show Firefly, then I think you'll like this series.

 

Is there anything about your personal history or personality that manifests strongly in your writing?

Again, I think it would be the humor that I've added to my characters.

 

What else would be helpful for readers to know about you?

Well, I guess it would be that I did have a Doberman by the name of Genghis Khan and I do have a 1959 Ford Thunderbird sitting in my garage. And no, it doesn't run!

 

Excluding your own work, what underrated author or book would you recommend that more people read? Why?

I really can't think of any one author or book that is underrated.

 

Which of your books do you most highly recommend? Why?

Well since this is my first novel it would be The Interstellar Police Force, Book One: The Historic Mission. But, I am about 98% finished with The Interstellar Police Force, Book Two: The Beauty of Violence. It just needs a little polishing up and then to the editors. But, in my humble opinion, Two is as good or better then Book One.

 



Which break, event, decision, or fortuitous circumstance has helped you or your writing career the most?

This is my first novel so, I'm still kinda waiting for that fortuitous event to happen to get my career moving.

 

What question do you wish you would get asked more often?

Dear Mr. Klein,

         May I buy the rights to your novel?

  Sincerely,

S. Spielberg.


Do you have a catch-phrase or quote that you like? What is it? And why do you choose it? 

Well, in my novel Genghis Khan is always saying, “Geez O' Cow!” in frustration. I got that phase from a co-worker. It cracked me up the first time I heard it. And a quote I take to heart is from Ray Bradbury, “One thousand words a day.”

 


No comments:

Post a Comment