Saturday, September 4, 2021

 

Author Interview with

Sean Valiente

Author of: Lightning Knight



1. Please tell me a little about your current work in progress.

My current WIP is the second book in my series! I’m about five chapters in and I’m already in love with it!

 

2. Where did you get the idea for this book or series?

It’s kind of a culmination of a lot of different ideas and experiences, but mostly I write from the perspective of the characters and they take me on their own adventures. It’s very exciting.

 

3. Do you write in more than one genre?

I stick to the fantasy genre because that’s what I love and that’s what I know. But that’s not to say there aren’t sub-genre’s that my books will have – fantasy with an aspect of political thriller, fantasy with a horror, etc.

 

4. Tell me about something that you believe makes your writing unique or worthy of attention.

It’s kind of a perfect blend of the classical fantasy that you know and love, but also some different takes and twists that you don’t see coming. It’s like hanging out with an old friend, but then going on a new adventure with them.

 

5. Is there anything about your personal history or personality that manifests strongly in your writing?

I have a pretty unique “voice” in my writing that definitely comes through on the page. My own personality is one of many different interests, and that is seen in my stories.

 

6. What else would be helpful for readers to know about you?

I’m all about the characters and their relationships. Plot is cool, world building is fun, but at the end of the day, my stories are character driven.

 

7. Excluding your own work, what underrated author or book would you recommend that more people read? Why?

Elana A. Mugdan’s YA Fantasy series The Shadow War Saga is excellent if you’re a fan of dragons and great stories!

 

8. Which of your books do you most highly recommend? Why?

The Lighting Knight – mostly because it’s the only book I have out!

 


9. Which break, event, decision, or fortuitous circumstance has helped you or your writing career the most?

I spent years playing around with ideas for my series and telling my friends all about them. One day my best friend Paige made me sit down and start writing for a 30 min sprint. Until that time, I had always had a hard time starting the process – but after that day, it’s like I couldn’t stop. And where we are now with a real book and it’s so cool!

 

10. What question do you wish you would get asked more often?

Can I buy you a slice of pizza? (To which the answer is yes)

 

11. Do you have a catch-phrase or quote that you like? What is it? And why do you choose it?

“Steave, no, Steave” – this is an inside joke between me, my wife, and my best friend Paige where we are imitating a very obscure movie line which we’ve modified. We find it very hilarious.

 Sean's Links:

___________________________________________

Best wishes for Sean's success with his writing.

In my neighborhood, I'm tickled to tell you that in just a few short days, all of my books will be available for the special price of only 99 cents each. This is the only time it happens. It begins, of course, on 9-9 and runs through 9-10.

Check out my books here Stanley's Author Page and use the remaining days to decide whether you want to explore my Adventure Fantasy series, my Western books, or my Noir Detective novel.



No comments:

Post a Comment