Sunday, August 11, 2019


A couple things came up during the week--three if you count the terrific storm with thunderbolts and lightning which was very, very frightening, and which prevented me from finishing the great mowing for the week.

The first two things didn't really come up; I stumbled across them. As for the first one, I've already changed my mind about linking and discussing it. The other was a guy talking about music. I've also included a book description for your consideration and comment.

Here's an old guy with some musical expertise talking about, playing along with, and explaining how a song was made and why it sounds the way it does. The video takes some time but I enjoyed to watch someone who obviously loves the subject matter give an explanation for all the things that I heard when I listened to the song (and many I didn't quite hear but about which I had more than a feeling) but did not understand and appreciate. Now I understand why the sound on this song is what I have always described in my rich musical vocabulary and wondrous skill in weaving words as "full."


On a completely different subject:
I submit for your consideration, a book description and a cover for the sequel to Threading the Rude Eye. The book description is missing something in my opinion. I can't decide whether it is too much or too little, or too boring, to spark a reader's interest. WHAT DO YOU THINK? Post a comment or send an email.
Cover and draft of the book description for Power to Hurt:
Alex flees from the dark commander after the vicious battle with the young dragons, but his dragon-hunting friends question whether he can remain in their company. Cat, the wild Irish maid and leader of the hunters, must face some difficult questions concerning her relationship with Alex. The French patriot Lucette fights for a place among the gryphons, risking dangers no less destructive than the cannon's mouth. The mysterious power of Jonathan's hand may not avail her against gravity and gryphon's claws. Lieutenant Roberts goes undercover and enlists the aid of Lucette's countrymen against her. With the commander closing in upon his prey, the diminutive Iago and the strange islander Atu evaluate their loyalties, taking action with important consequences for Alex and for the future of the New World. While Alex continues to grow in his mastery of the essence, the smugglers Rip and Antonio accept a secret mission across the sea. The smugglers will have to find a ship before they can set sail against the might of two empires. The Japanese entrepreneur Akira and Near Eastern merchant Akram must consider whether their temporary union should be prolonged and expanded in order to increase their chances of taking a mature dragon. Bitter surprises await them all. A fiery rendezvous at Black Moon with the lives of his friends at stake will force Alex to confront the power to hurt before he can stand against the fury of the commander.


No comments:

Post a Comment